Friday 26 November 2010

Low cost vertical jump tests solution

While looking for software updates I came across the new improved website of Chronojump. The Chronojump project is an interesting example of an open source platform with some cheap hardware solution to allow coaches and sports scientists with limited budgets to perform vertical jump and sprint tests. The software looks interesting and actually better than many commercial editions I have seen. Chronojump is a free software distributed under the terms of GPL license which allows people to use it for free and modify and distribute it. For more information  on GPL licences see GPL on Wikipedia.

image

The software has demos and is in various languages and allows the collection of data as well as the analysis. There is also a Mac version!

Finally, it is possible to buy the hardware (interface and contact mat) for a total of less than £150.00 (see below)

Chronopic3

 

Chronojump flexible platform

So, all in all a great concept and brilliant cheap solution for testing. I will try to get hold of the hardware to do some in-house testing on its reliability as well as functionality, but I have to say it looks great!

2 comments:

Unknown on 30 November 2010 at 06:35 said...

I made a translation to my language (Slovenian) and I can confirm your description here! Everyone should give it a try.

bob on 2 December 2010 at 06:38 said...

I´ve been using Chronojump for more than 3 years now and I am very happy with it. The software is very intuitive and easy to use I only use the software and the interface (chronopic) because I built my own mats. I also agree, the software is more functional than some of the others commercial softwares. The internet server has lots of potential as well.

+ 1 for Chronojump

Popular Posts

 

Followers